1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Tank Perks

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mallard King, Jun 25, 2015.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes!

76.9%
  2. Maybe!

23.1%
  3. Nope!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Mallard King

Mallard King Corporal (5) Member

Right now there's a huge lack of variety when it comes to tank setups due to the current straightforward upgrade system, well i propose we should expand upon the upgrade system with a tank perks system. The system would work like so, players would be able to use gears purchase a secondary effect for their tanks that usually provides both a positive effect and negative effect to add more risk/reward game play or a provides a only positive effect but at situational times. Below I have listed a couple of perk examples.

Reinforced Tank
    +100 armor
    0.9x damage multiplier

Armored Tank
    +250 armor
    0.75x damage multiplier

fortress tank
    +400 armor
    0.5x damage multiplier

Precise tank
    +25% critical chance
    lose the ability to see your angle numbers when aiming

Marksman tank
    +50% critical chance
    lose the ability to see your angle numbers and grid mark lines when aiming

Mad tank
    1.2x damage multiplier
    Receive 1.4x damage from all attacks

Violent Tank
    1.35x damage multiplier
    receive 1.7x damage from all attacks

Berserker Tank
    1.5x damage multiplier
    receive 2x damage from all attacks

Cadet Tank
    10% overall exp increase
    spend 2 gears at the start of every match

Sergent Tank
    20% overall exp increase
    spend 4 gears at the start of every match

General Tank
    30% overall exp increase
    spend 6 gears at the start of every match

Steampunk tank
    covert all exp gained to gears at a 10:1 ratio
    No long gain any experience from matches

Sturdy Tank
    Survive fatal damage from a enemy tank leaving you at 1 hp

Desperate Tank
    1.5x damage multiplier at 25% or less hp

2. Taylor

Taylor Brigadier General (21) Former Moderator

Positive ideas in the right direction are needed to bring a uniqueness and variety to this game so its not the same ole set-up to every player once you've played it enough.
    This idea is proof of that, although a few similar ideas were tried earlier (one being smb718 for example) to bring other perks to this game thus making it more diverse. Not to mention more customizable to each players uniqueness as a user in game.

We keep hearing once we get to the official release, (whenever we get there) this game will have steady updates weekly to give variety and enough for us players to be entertained by.
    The only problem is currently updates are very slow compared to the average users ability to reach them fairly quickly and then come back only when new stuff arrives again.
    My guess is we put more time in grinding then what Kyle can accomplish in game implementing(programming in) in the same time amount.

We need updates fed to us on a steady basis right now to keep players from going to other games while waiting for new stuff to be released. Simply because we have already acquired the new stuff/gotten bored with it sadly a short time later. lol
    Granted its in Beta still but its been obvious for some time this step needs to be taken some how as best as kChamp can possibly.

Player customization right now would be a huge help to give us players enough to entertain us for quite some time granted there is enough to acquire via shop in several aspects of the game, even if its simply eye candy.

- More shop weapons
    - Diverse Tank Designs
    - More Victory Songs
    -More rewards along the way in terms of gears/various amounts of xp payout for leveling between levels.
    -More diverse, not to mention varied difficulty achievements with good rewards worth putting the time into for.
    - Some editing of current achievements again. Like getting a unique weapon if you play 5k rounds or win that many besides 2k xp.
    -Be able to design weapons in the workshop.
    - Tons more ideas ...

Above are just a few ideas by several in the community that would give time for Kyle to focus on other things like new weapons while the vast majority of grinders would have things to be distracted by acquiring first.
    Although at this point its hard to fathom Kyle could ever get the game at a point where he is ahead of us and can keep adding new stuff ahead of players acquiring them like he originally thought. Most of us have him playing catch up at a rate I don't know if he can actually equal , let alone surpass us. Lol I often see the only thing that would solve this is that for a time Kyle shuts down the game to get ahead and then resumes it. Probably what pre-beta release should of accomplished but it took a lot of work to just get the game, flawed and all when it was first released and then to grow steadily what it is now despite many not satisfied completely.
    A viewpoint that has often been noted is because its not a team working on this project but one individual doing the work of many. So of course we all can out do what hes able to put out humanly. We have to live with though Kyle has insisted he wants to do it alone like the previous 2 versions so I don't know what to say on that note.

Its progress though ...

magicpudding, Holy2334 and JohannZim like this.
  3. JohannZim

JohannZim Sergeant Major of the Army (14) Member

I like these ones (with alterations on red) i dont really see the others being much usefull... maybe if its just one of each type... I still i don't think that anyone would buy them with these better options available.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2015
  4. Batgirl

Batgirl Lieutenant Colonel (19) Member

5. Batgirl

Personally I think "buff" perks shouldnt be perks/abilities because perks are used "forever enchant" on a specific skill. Unless they're considered as active ability they should be as a reward.

6. JohannZim

Yeah i understood as passive abilities too... but purchasable ones (not attached to the type of tank). I also think you should be able to activate only 1 ability at a time from the list.

Batgirl likes this.
  7. Batgirl

They also should only be pre-equipped and those In-game active abilities could be unlocked by completing its pro version

JohannZim likes this.
  8. Mallard King

Mallard King Corporal (5) Member

The perks i listed were simply examples to help people better understand where I'm going with the thread and for kyle to build off with his own ideas if this if this suggestion were to be accepted.

JohannZim likes this.
  9. JohannZim

Gotcha! But considering its Kyle... its better if you give him the balanced numbers already in the sugestion... so i left my sugestion of balance for future consultation (in case he likes the idea) ;)

10. Holy2334

Holy2334 Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I like the idea. I'm iffy on how some of the perks are in "tiers" though for some reason. Overall though its good. In addition to some of the ones you already have listed:

Better Circuited Tank: Makes you immune to 1 EMP strike per game.

Reaction XP Tank: Each gear you collect will give you 3xp instead of 1 gear.

Nullifier Tank: Gives a chance for a tank to receive .75X damage and is influenced by the gun upgrades, but you can't deal crit damage.

JohannZim likes this.
  11. Awesume

Awesume Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

I like this but, if this is put in the game, I want to beable to remove the perk from my tank in away that I still own it. Reason being is that most people don't read. And a new player could buy the wrong perk and not beable to play the game, because they die too fast or they don't gain enough xp to lvl. ect. Me as a vet I just want to test them all. :)

12. SubZero

SubZero Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Very good idea, Needs a little fine tuning.

Taylor likes this.