1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

The Delta of Randomness: The Failure of Shellshock Live

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by referee11, Mar 28, 2016.

?

What do you think about this?

1. This is constructive to the game and should be implemented.

42.1%
  2. This is constructive to the game, but is not of upmost priority.

36.8%
  3. This is not constructive to the game and will ruin the game's balance.

21.1%
  4. This thread is completely unbeneficial and threatens to collapse the whole game.

10.5%
  5. Extra Credits is not a reliable source, even though they have people experienced in the industry.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. referee11

referee11 First Lieutenant (16) Member

The following things I shall never repeat again, regardless of post:

Game vs Gameplay: I've done it 3 times or more already, not going to do it again. However, it seems people actually red the difference there, so we seem good there now.
    Luck vs Randomness: Luck is not controlled, while randomness is controlled. If you say the game is luck based, that just makes it seem even more like this needs to be implemented. I've never seen base damage change drastically from turn to turn, right? Randomness is controlled, even if it makes little room for leeway. Luck is just used to degrade one player's achievements while making the other feel better about themselves. Also, some posts have mistaken "randomness" for "bad design", or have even misued the term "random" completely incorrectly. I've explained it, and I won't be doing it again?
    Bias: There is obvious bias here. Helping the low levels a little tiny bit makes all the high levels insecure. I'm a high level willing to make adjustments at any price to help the game reach max potential, and this is a critical one. There is 0 reason to be insecure about this, because you will still win 99% of the games. Just help the low levels along a little, k? :mad: The egos these guys have sometimes, sheesh.

I will not repeat the stuff above because it makes me look incredibly attached to this. If there are other posts with these for some random reason when these have already been debunked extensively, I'll just throw up in my toilet and reply to some other point. So, unless someone else replies to them, I'm done with these issues.

Now, on a new note, I would like to address the potential modding of the subject. At first, I thought it was fine and left it be. But now, I realize just how dumb and stupid it would be. What would its description be? "A mode that helps low levels beat high levels"? What would be the point of that, from the eyes of some high levels who have already replied to this thread? High levels wouldn't join the low level games with that, so the system wouldn't even ever been applied. Then, high levels wouldn't make games with it, so it would never be used. This concept is horrible for modding for these reasons. It has to actually be inserted into the real game full time. Besides, if you can't handle having to be precise, which most of you already are, why are you complaining so much? I am not even sure some people read the thread all the way through, and stopped when they saw "...will help low levels". This isn't being taken seriously enough by those people. They don't understand how unfair the game is because they haven't played through the game themselves that way or gotten feedback from people who have, which is what I have done. Plus, they never even got to see the math of it. I mean, c'mon now, this is math that is *normally* used by developers to make their game fun. Anyone can win a game of Hearthstone, regardless of experience with it, and the same should apply to Shellshock Live. This is what the thread is about. Not weapon XP or permanent nerfs. That is the premise.

RumMumMario likes this.
  2. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

i'm still on my ideas but i have to screens with me this time
    upload_2016-3-31_21-22-27.png the randomness gived to him a great chance (to take me out in 2 turns)while the randomness wasn't in my side this game.But,even with all this randomness i still win for the skill.If you wanna lower MORE THAN WHAT IT IS ALREADY the skill ok the lvl 60 would have won
    upload_2016-3-31_21-24-1.png
    in this game,this lvl 60 that played like 1/20 of what i did and he had: full armor,probably full track,and decent crit rate.This game was really unlucky for me,it was assasin and i lost few turns hitting the other tank that left,got really weak weaps: big bulger,seven bounce where i couldn't hit with it,no x2,2 wacky balls,beacon,skeet close range, sticky trio and overaly not good weapons,No nukes or any prestige weapons,summoner,travelers,synclets,sniper or spotters.While he got the luck to: start to hit me some turns before,have a weak player against him that did really low dmg,he had summoner wich is good one and this perfect needler.So the random of ssl actually gave to him ALL the chances to win and i DON'T want ssl becoming even more luck based or random based how you call it.
    note:that was my first game in 2/3 days so i didn't gone to found the perfect game to show you that you are wrong thinking ssl to be more random.However like you said we have totaly different ideas about that topic i just brougth an in-game truth to support my tougths.I think that the best ways to show things it's to go in it and check istead of talking too much

3. RumMumMario

RumMumMario Lieutenant General (23) Member

@Penguin you're not really proving anything, you're just making Referee repeat what he's been saying constantly because you don't seem to get the point.
    Why would you contribute to a thread without knowing what it's about.

referee11 likes this.