1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

tournaments idea!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Penguin, Mar 5, 2016.

1. Penguin

Penguin Captain (17) Member

hi everyone.

i see that lately there are many tournaments games and here i have few quick/easy ideas to make thems more enjoyable:

-x3 xp reward:well actually you are not very motivated to win since the xp reward is just very low.
    -reset it:that would be nice to be able to reset tournament once it's finished!
    -mini games:well if you die in first matches you don't have any reason to stay.that would be nice to have a small mini game like pong shock from ssl2 that also makes you earn some xp(obviously just a fun bonus xp nothing great!) another nice mini game would be a kind of pinball?
    -options:well actually there are really low options choises,please add wind,rebound mod,points mode,one weapon mode(with the realated xp mult that also increase final winner bonus)
    -achivements:well some really easy achivements about tournament wouldn't be bad,maybe unlocking the "king weapon"(since there is a crown for the winner of the tournament diagram)
    -clan system:well we maybe have to wait for that one,but it would be for sure a great thing for ssl

xXTacocubesXx likes this.
  2. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

There could be (I forget the exact term) consolation matches for the losers, so they don't have to sit there/ leave and find another game. This, plus being able to reset torunaments should encourage the tournament lobby to keep going.

Also I think the xp for the winners of tournaments should be hugely increased from whatever that skimpy prize is. The winner of the main tournament should get at least 100 xp for winning and maybe the winner of the consolation matches should get maybe 50 xp max.

Penguin likes this.
  3. Goomba

Goomba Sergeant First Class (9) Member

Lemme go through these bit by bit as best I can.
    Rewards: I believe rewards should be dependent as to how many players are in the tournament as well as the time it took to finish. I don't think more XP needs rewarded, but rather more things TO earn. This is how collectibles could be earned. Oh you won 1st place in a 12 person tournament? Have this rare tank skin.
    Reset: This is a good idea. Once a tournament has finished, it should reset after a minute and anyone who stays in is automatically put in the next tournament.
    Mini-Games: I have a lot to say on the subject of waiting. There should be multiple options for people who died or are waiting to finish:
    1. Spectate: There simply needs to be a spectate option, instead of watching the points drop. Let people who are done spectate, and even let them get gears from it !
    2. Mini-Games: Mini-games would be fun to just pass time if people are almost done.
    3. Free Mode: Dead tanks and people already finished could join a random firing range with each other before the next round, to practice up shots
    4. Exhibition Games: Waiting players could also be able to play other games while they are waiting, instead of just sitting at a blank screen
    Options: Obviously a tournament should be just as if not more customizeable than a normal game. There also has to be an option to turn off random map elements, so nobody gets a lucky win.
    Achievements: Yes, we need these. Some of them could be:
    Small Game Winner: Win your first tournament - XP
    Tourney Novice: Win 10 tournaments - XP
    Big Game Winner: Win 50 tournaments - XP and Map
    Tourney Master: Win 100 tournaments - Weapon
    Runner Up - Place second in a tournament 10 times - Map
    New Guys on the Block - Place first in a clan tournament - XP
    Tourney Team: Place first in clan tournaments 25 times - XP and Map
    Clan Unstoppable: Place first in clan tournaments 100 times - Weapon
    Clan System: Leading from above, obviously tournaments should have clan features. It is almost guaranteed at this point though, there's no reason why the game wouldn't have clan features in tournaments. That is the point of clans.