1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

Why I play the "XP Farm" games

Discussion in 'General Game Talk' started by Astro_Break, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Astro_Break

Astro_Break New Born (1) Member

This is a long post, so please bear with me guys :)

I noticed that a huge portion of the player community play these "XP go to mid" games with the hopes of leveling up their weapons/tank faster than normal. Most players that play these games do it for the weapon XP. If you are one of those people who play these games for the above reason, then I have some bad news for you.............these "XP Farm" games do not work. These games give no tank XP because you are hitting yourself all the time (if you follow the rules and stay in mid with other players). They also dont give you weapon XP that is exceptionally higher than a normal game. Why?? Because if the game realises that players are stacked on top of each other, then it only gives you the weapon XP of hitting one tank. You can confirm this yourself; just notice how your weapon did 560 damage when playing the game but when the XP is added to the weapon after the game, it only adds 80 to the weapon. It only feels like weapons are leveling up faster because you are hitting each and every shot perfectly, something that is not possible to do in a normal game for semi-skilled players. You earn weapon XP that is equal to or a little more than a normal game but you also have zero fun while doing it.

As the topic of this thread suggested, I still play these games knowing all the points I stated above. So why do I play them??? For one simple reason, and that is, these games give you weapon XP that is slightly more than a normal game but give you incredibly low tank XP. This means that you will be upgrading your weapons without upgrading your tank level, making your tank more and more OP for your level. These "XP Farm" games give you only 70/80 tank XP if you win and it includes the in-game, win and MVP XP. If you lose you can get as low as 20/30 tank XP in total per game. However, with such insanely low tank XP, the weapon XP will still be slightly more than a normal game. In comparison a normal 30 round game will give you around 100/150 tank XP in the in-game alone assuming you are landing most shots perfectly and not hitting yourself.

I see my strategy work all the time when I play with players of my level and skill who still have tadpoles while I have bullfrog unlocked or when they are at shank and I have a sword or they have a sub-snipe while I have already reached the smart-snipe etc. etc. These games also help you to upgrade weapons that you dont nornally use in a game like shot, counter 3000 or the mini-pinger; all of which I have upgraded to the 2nd tiers and almost reaching the third. Sure, using this strategy means you are going to level up very slowly, but I plan on playing this game for a long time, so I dont really care about reaching level 80+ too soon. Because of my weapons being so OP for my level, my skill level is 1400+ even after losing tons of the "XP Farm" games.

I am currently a level 60 and atleast 40% of my weapons are at their 3rd tier, 50% are on thier second tier and only about 10% are on their 1st tier. The ones that are on the 1st tier are the weaopons that I received recently (between level 55 to 60) and even those are really close to reaching the 2nd tier.

I see a lot of hate for the "XP farm go to mid" games on the forum, because people feel that these games dont work and they are trapping a huge player base that would otherwise be playing normal games. I just wanted to let everyone know that these games sure dont work in the way people think they do, but they are also not useless. People who play them are still gaining something that they cannot gain by playing any normal game mode.

2. MeowrPower

MeowrPower Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

People who play them end up being the level 70 players who have no idea what weapons do cause they haven't had to use them at range, they end up being 100x worse than a level 20 who plays normal games, then they rage quit normal games because they end up being so bad and everyone else tears into them >.>
    Xp farms reduce the games life cycle for people and also cause anyone who can actually play to get verbally abused for hax/rulers/no life all that good stuff.

In short xp farms hurt the community more than anything

Tugdil, DiKey, Drifts and 2 others like this.
  3. Astro_Break

Isn't that their own fault though??? I still see a ton of players that fire penetrators right on their targets or fire molehills like tunnelers. I spend atleast 5 to 10 mins studying a weapon in the firing range as soon as I unlock them. The people who you are referring to will still play like noobs even if they play the normal game modes and upgrade their weapons normally. Also, people who play the XP Farm games dont exclusively play only those games. They also play a lot of other game modes and so have plenty of opportunity to properly learn the weapons. I myself play 2 XP Farm games for every five games I play. Another way of saying 40% of the games I play are XP Farm games.

4. Awesume

Awesume Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

This statemeant is false, it's not because you are stacking. It's because it's the way the game is programed, and there is only a few select weapons that count more then one tank, exp. Earthquake.

Scarlet and xXTacocubesXx like this.
  5. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

1. The toxicity of majority in Stack/Xp farms is far, far higher than in normal matches.

2. Hate to burst your bubble, but I had each of those weaps at their 3rd tier by 60 too, without xp farms. (Excluding shank and tad for fact they released well after I was level 60). Have moderate skill and accuracy and everything levels relatively quick no matter the mode.

3. Continuing off of point #2: Xp/stack games are for the lazy. Simple as that.
    "I don't feel like aiming." Nothing more.

Soundless, Taylor and xXTacocubesXx like this.
  6. xXTacocubesXx

xXTacocubesXx Command Sergeant Major (13) Member

1v1 600 hp deathmatch, 3p assassin, or 300 hp rebound.
    Single shot.
    High wind.
    One weapon.
    Trillions of times better than stacking.

It's okay if you don't care about slow leveling, but the disadvantage of stacking in my eyes is that you're spending some of that time shooting your own feet when you could be experimenting with more difficult settings that will yield you more xp, and more importantly, leading you to getting better at playing with those settings.

It might be just me, but so many people have said: 600 hp? Why? That's too much! Single shot? Why not all shot? It's faster. High wind? I hate wind! That's too hard, can you turn it off? One weapon? That's too hard, can you turn it off? Can you turn on level field? I want to win.

Yes, those are difficult settings. Yes, it'll take effort. Yes, it'll seem inefficient at first. But soon enough, you'll get better, finish each game faster, earn more xp per game, and most importantly enjoy playing with those settings. And I think that's what this game is all about.

You can keep playing stack games if you want to, if that's what you enjoy most, but I'm willing to bet that the grind after lvl 80 will become unbearable even for you.

Lastly, a general message about the hate towards stacking games. Attacking people who stack with insults and treating them like they are inferior isn't going to work at all, even if we back up our arguments with evidence. If we want to convince them that stacking doesn't work like they think it does, we have to treat them with respect and maturity. I've tried spreading the message myself, and as far as I know it didn't work at all. But taking a more respectful and mature approach can go a long way. No need for insults. Don't think of it as killing off pests by telling them how they're supposed to play, but more like doing good people a favor by merely informing them why stacking is not nearly as beneficial as they might think.

7. Astro_Break

I am sure you had those weapons on their third tier when you were level 60, but did you have ALL of your weapons at their maximum tiers when you were level 60 ???

I am going to assume no. But by playing only and only XP farm games (something that I don't recommend doing) you can theoretically keep upgrading all your weapons without going up even a single level, because you are earning only 20/30 tank XP per game. In a normal game if you deal a total of 1000 damage in all the rounds with various weapons, then you will also get an equivalent 100 in-game tank XP. This will simply be avoided in a XP farm game because you are hitting yourself too. Yeah, the people who play these games for simply upgrading their weapons do it because they are lazy. But I play them because I want to earn weapon XP without gaining any tank XP. Such a thing is just not possible to do in any normal game mode.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  8. ShellShockOffline

ShellShockOffline New Born (1) Member

My idea to stop the XP farm thing is: Just make the XP gain on hitting yourself to -->0<--

Tugdil, Spur Kee and Tavi like this.
  9. Tavi

Tavi First Sergeant (11) Member

If you hit yourself at all you just get flat 0xp to tank and weap? Actually, yes, I approve. +1

ShellShockOffline and GooodHerb like this.
  10. faaarkwit

faaarkwit Staff Sergeant (8) Member

Imagine you have a rally car. A real monster with all the best equipment and features. Yet you choose to drive it only on a regular highway. Not very exciting, is it, except when you'll drive right in the gutter in the first corner.