1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please register or sign in to get full access to the forum.

working on equity

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jpcas, May 4, 2014.

1. jpcas

jpcas Staff Sergeant (8) Member

i got some thoughts about making the game more equitable.

i've always known that many factors in ssl are meant to be more or less randomised - i.e. the weapons you get everytime a match beginns: but recently it just striked me when i saw how randomised this element really is. i thought that there's some rule about that like: each time the match starts you get weapons that have some comparable total possible damage (lets say for 30 turns match you get 30 weapons that can deal 1500 total damage) but i've never payed too much attention on that matter and yesterday i've played two death matches (300 hp) in a row where i got completely different sets of weapons: at the first match i had a sniper, a smartsnipe, a fighter jet, and a flower and at the second match none of the weapons i was given could make more than 80 points damage. maybe it was just a coincidence and this happens really rarely, i don't know. but i think that people running tournaments would want to avoid such coincidence anyway.

second thing is that when you hit a tank which has got weaker armor you make more damage and following on from this you get more xp. in consequence this is one of the reasons why playing with lower levels can grant you more xp in general and it doesn't seem very advisable to me.

but it is only how i see it, i'd like to know about your feedback as well..